- Complete Award Application
- Interview with the College
- Apply to the Hussian College
- Interview with the President of Hussian College (must include parent or guardian)
- Receive award
Deadline May 1, 2017, at midnight
For additional information or questions contact:
Peter Brooks, Director of Enrollment Management
The 2017 Hussian Genius Award is a full scholarship leading up to the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree at Hussian College located in Downtown Philadelphia. Founded in 1946 for veterans returning from World War II, the Hussian College has transformed itself into an oasis for creative genius under the direction of President Jeremiah Staropoli. The Genius Award is a four-year scholarship. The scholarship is open to anyone who fulfills the following requirements:
Fulfill all the admissions requirements and be eligible as an incoming first-year student, ready to begin College in the fall of 2017.
- Complete the application packet which includes as essay and creative work by the deadline of May 1, 2017.
- Interview with the college admissions office.
- Apply to the College – requires High School transcript and FAFSA.
- Attend an interview with the College President in which an adult must be present for all nominees under 21.
- Accept the Award which requires acceptance and attendance at Hussian College.
- Attend College full-time and make satisfactory academic progress with a minimum.
The Hussian Genius Award is designed to support, celebrate and promote students who have exceptional creative or unique ability. Students need not re-apply for the award each year, instead, the continuation of the scholarship is based on satisfactory academic progress and continued matriculation. The recipient is expected to maintain personal performance consistent with the intent of the award.
What are the criteria, how will my application be chosen?
The award will be given to the one student, who in the estimation of the committee shows exceptional creativity, is unique and who shows superior promise for future achievement due to the track record.
Do I have to be a high school student, a US citizen, live in Philadelphia?
Anyone who has completed the high school diploma and can show proof of graduation is eligible, however special emphasis is placed upon the traditional incoming freshman for the College.
After I win the award what are my responsibilities?
While at Hussian you must maintain a 3.0 GPA, continue to matriculate, and complete your Bachelor of Fine Arts degree within 4 years. You will be called upon by the College to participate in several events and are expected to serve as an Ambassador for the College.
Will I have to pay the money back?
No, this is the equivalent of a cash award and in recognition of your talent, the college waives all its fees.