The 2017 Hussian Genius Award is a full scholarship for the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree at Hussian College located in Downtown Philadelphia.
Founded in 1946 for veterans returning from World War II, the Hussian College has transformed itself under the direction of President Jeremiah Staropoli. The Genius Award is a four-year scholarship.
The scholarship is open to anyone who fulfills the following requirements:
- Complete Award Application
- Write an essay of no more than 500 words on why someone else might consider you a creative genius and provide some kind of creative work. There are no criteria or requirements on the creative work, it is an open creative work. Both the creative work and essay can be submitted through the application or both can be submitted through an email to email@example.com.
- Apply to the Hussian College.
- Career Planning discussion with the Admissions Counselor.
- Complete FAFSA by May 1st.
- Interview with the President of Hussian College or Director of Enrollment (may include parent or guardian).
Deadline May 1, 2017, at midnight
The Hussian Genius Award is designed to support, celebrate and promote students who have exceptional creative or unique ability. Students need not re-apply for the award each year, instead, the continuation of the scholarship is based on satisfactory academic progress and continued matriculation. The recipient is expected to maintain personal performance consistent with the intent of the award.
What are the criteria, how will my application be chosen?
The award will be given to the one student, who in the estimation of the committee shows exceptional creativity, is unique and who shows superior promise for future achievement.
Do I have to be a high school student, a US citizen, live in Philadelphia?
Anyone who has completed the high school diploma and can show proof of graduation is eligible, however special emphasis is placed upon the traditional incoming freshman profile for the College.
After I win the award what are my responsibilities?
While at Hussian, you must maintain a 3.0 GPA, continue to matriculate, and complete your Bachelor of Fine Arts degree within 4 years. You will be called upon by the College to participate in several events and are expected to serve as an Ambassador.
Will I have to pay the money back?
No, this is the equivalent of a cash award and in recognition of your talent, the college waives all its fees.
For additional information or questions contact:
Peter Brooks, Director of Enrollment Management
Neil Wood, Admissions Counselor
(215) 574-9600 ext. 211